SCCM - Error 0x80070002. The operating system reported error 2147942402: The system cannot find...
You get the following error message when trying to run a task sequence to deploy Windows XP (or any other version for that matter):
1) The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Setup windows and ConfigMgr) in the group (Build the Reference Machine) with the error code 2147942402
Action output: esolveSource(sClientPackageID, sClientPackagePath), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdgina\basesetuphook.cpp,1493)
Exiting ConfigureEx: 0x80070002
BaseSetupHook::configure(sWindowsDir), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdgina\osdsetuphook.cpp,299)
Process completed with exit code 2147942402
exitCode, HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,635)
this->configureGina(this->oemSysDir), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,714)
Failed to resolve package source "ISR00005"
Failed to configure OSD setup hook (0x80070002)
Configure hook failed with error code (80070002).
Failed to install Gina (80070002)
this->installGinaScripted(), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,409)
setup.run(), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,1707)
Exiting with code 0x80070002. The operating system reported error 2147942402: The system cannot find the file specified.
2) The task sequence execution engine failed execution of a task sequence. The operating system reported error 2147942402: The system cannot find the file specified.
3) The task sequence manager could not successfully complete execution of the task sequence. A failure exit code of 16389 was returned. The operating system reported error 2147942402: The system cannot find the file specified.
1) Make sure the package in question has source files, for the automatic client installation, that should be: <Directory on site server>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Client)
2) Make sure that the package in question (in this sample the package was ISR00005: Microsoft Configuration Manager Client Upgrade 4.0 ALL) has distribution points.
3) Try to update the distribution points.
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 R2
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 R3
Comment #1 from J [Username: Guest] at 28/10/2016 13:42|
Comment #2 from Kobi Shmueli [Username: Kobi_S] at 21/01/2017 00:07|
J: I'm sorry it didn't help you, if you have better suggestions, feel free to post and I'll be happy to share!