Getting prompt for username/password/domain credentials over and over when trying to start OCS 2007
When you're trying to start Office Communicator 2007, you getting prompted for username/password/domain credentials over and over and the Communicator is unable to download the address book and you get the following error message:
"Cannot Synchronize Address Book"
1) Make sure you hava a valid certificate assigned to the IIS.
2) Make sure "Integrated Windows Authentication" is selected for the Abs/Int IIS directory.
3) Try to connect manually to https://servername/abs/int
, if you get HTTP 402.2 error, try to use setspn -L domain\RTCComponentService
and make sure the server is listed there, if it's not, use: setspn -A HTTP/servername domain\RTCComponentService
4) Try to use "abserver -syncnow" on the OCS server to force it to re-create the address book.
* setspn is part of the Windows 2003 Support Tools.
Microsoft Windows 2003
Microsoft Windows 2008
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2
Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007
Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2